Family Nurse Partnership
What Does Our Service Do?
The Family Nurse Partnership (FNP) is a preventative programme offered to first time young mothers aged 19 years and under. The same Family Nurse works with families from early pregnancy until the child is two years old. The programme’s primary focus is the future health and well being of the child and mother. Family nurses have backgrounds in midwifery and health visiting and they receive supplementary training to prepare them for their new role as Family Nurses.
How Does Our Service Work?
The programme works with the strengths of the clients and encourages them to fulfil their aspirations for their baby and themselves. Weekly and fortnightly visits take place from early pregnancy until the child’s second birthday. The visits do not replace midwifery care but do deliver most of the Health Child Programme. The nurses use FNP programme guidelines, materials and activities to work with the mother, father and wider family.
The team consists of four full time Family Nurses and one full time Supervisor with a part time administrative assistant. Each nurse holds a caseload of no more than 25 families and the supervisor has up to three families.
The service is delivered from:
- The team is based at Eyres Monsell and Gilmorton Children’s Centre, Hillsborough Rd Leicester LE2 9PT
- The service is available to all city residents who are pregnant for the first time, 19 or under and who are registered with a city GP
- The service is delivered individually in client’s homes
How Can You Access Our Service?
To access our service you can:
- Speak to your GP or midwife
- Speak to any other professional involved in your care
- Contact us directly and refer yourself.
By telephone on 0116 2254857
Or our address:
Eyres Monsell and Gilmorton Childrens Centre
Leicester LE2 9PT
Family Nurse Partnership Leaflet
How Did We Do?
If you have any comments or queries about our service then please complete our online questionnaire and let us know how we are doing.