Healthy Living Centres
What Does Our Service Do?
There are three Healthy Living Centres (HLC) in the North West of Leicester an area of high deprivation and large health inequalities. The project was funded by the Big Lottery and is run in partnership with Leicester City Council. The project aims to involve and empower local people to take actions to improve their health. The Centres offer a wide range of services to the local community using a holistic view of health and well being.
The Centre produces a community magazine on relevant local issues, holds community events and refers people to other projects such as physical activity and health eating and the stop smoking service.
How Does Our Service Work?
The HLC Manager works in partnership with many of the City Council’s departments and also with other external agencies, faith groups, local volunteers and Voluntary/Community Groups.
All members of the community can expect to receive a friendly, respectful, helpful, confidential, efficient and effective service and to be sign posted to other services if necessary.
The team currently consists of one full time Project Manager.
Our targets include:
- 20,000 usages of the three Centres each year.
- Community magazines produced quarterly.
The Service is delivered from:
- Stocking Farm Healthy Living Centre, Marwood Road, Leicester, LE4 2ED
- Tudor Healthy Living Centre, Bewcastle Grove, Leicester, LE4 2JU
- Barleycroft Healthy Living Centre, Malham Close, Leicester, LE4 0UT
How Can You Access Our Service?
To access our service you can:
- Speak to any other healthcare professional involved in your care.
- Contact us directly and refer yourself to find out about how you can improve your health and the health of your family, or to find out about volunteering opportunities
- Contact the project via the “One Neighbourhood” magazine by phone, email or by arranged meeting.
- At a community event, ask for further services.
By telephone on 0116 2995646
Or our address at:
Stocking Farm Healthy Living Centre
How Did We Do?
If you have any comments or queries about our service then please complete our online questionnaire and let us know how we are doing.