What does our service do?
Podiatry services aim to keep the population mobile, help users keep their independence and maintain their quality of life by providing an expert and complete range of foot and lower limb care, for those with a clinical, medical and/or physical need. This can range from routine corn, callous and nail care to the extremely specialised ‘high risk’ cases such as diabetic foot ulcer care, nail surgery, complex biomechanical assessment and treatment, through to provision of insoles and orthotics.
Treatment plans are individual to the user, aiming to resolve the problem or at least reach a level of maintenance and comfort. They also include personalised education, strongly promoting self-care.
How does our service work?
We deliver the service from approximately 40 sites across Leicester, Leicestershire and Rutland, strategically placed to provide care where it is most needed, bringing care closer to home. These sites include:
- community hospitals
- health centres
- community health and social care centres
- GP practices
- school clinics
- nursing and residential homes
- within a patient's own home (for those who are completely bed or house bound)
- acute hospitals for inpatient care and within the diabetic foot clinic
List of sites that podiatry services are available at in Leicester City, Leicestershire County and Rutland
How can you access our service?
If you live in Leicester, Leicestershire or Rutland you can:
- Refer yourself – application forms are available at most GP practices, can be downloaded from here or you can contact us to have one sent to you.
- Ask your GP or consultant to refer you.
- Ask any other health or social care professional involved in your care to refer you.
You may also be eligible to access our Podiatry service if you live in the following areas. Please click on your area to find out more.
Derby City and County
Please ensure that:
- You are ready to accept an appointment/treatment within 2-4 weeks of us receiving your application. Requests for appointments beyond this time may not be accepted and you may have to re-apply.
- You supply a valid, current telephone number and an alternative (where possible), as we will ring you to agree a date and time suitable to you.
- You attend for your appointments or re-arrange/cancel giving at least 24 hours notice. Failure to attend will result in your application being discharged and you having to re-apply.
If you live in Nottingham City or Derbyshire, please click on the link for your area above for details on how to self-refer to our Podiatry service. Please note we are unable to accept self-referrals from Nottinghamshire or Lincolnshire patients.
If you live in Leicestershire or Rutland Counties call – 0116 225 5118
Lines are open Monday to Friday, 9am – 4pm
If you live in Leicester City call - 0116 295 4655
Lines are open Monday to Friday, 9am – 12.15pm and 1pm – 4.15pm
By email on: Countypodiatryappointments@leicspart.nhs.uk
Or at our address:
County Podiatry Appointments
South Wigston Health Centre
80 Blaby Road
City Podiatry Appointments
Prince Philip House
Podiatry Service Leaflet
Podiatry Service - First Appointment Information
How did we do?
If you have any comments or queries about our service then please complete our online questionnaire and let us know how we are doing.
Need to Apply for an Assessment?
Please download either the County or City application form as appropriate; print, complete and return to address indicated:
Referral Form City
Alternatively (for County only), apply online by completing the form below: