It is our great pleasure to launch a special Celebrating Excellence award for this year – Covid Heroes: ordinary people doing extraordinary things. The last few months have been nothing like anything we’ve ever experiened before, so we wanted to launch this year’s awards as a special dedication to the hard work of staff (including bank staff and volunteers) throughout the Covid-19 pandemic.
The Covid Heroes awards aim to recognise and celebrate individuals and teams who have gone above and beyond throughout the Covid-19 pandemic, showing dedication and commitment to our vision of ‘creating high quality, compassionate care and wellbeing for all’ and our values of compassion, respect, integrity and trust.
The Covid Heroes awards will replace this year’s Celebrating Excellence 2021 awards in tribute to our staff in this exceptional year. We’ve simplified the criteria and welcome as many nominations for individuals and teams who meet it.
Assessors will be looking for examples of how this individual or team has gone above and beyond throughout the Covid-19 pandemic, that demonstrably reflects outstanding commitment to:
- Delivering our vision of ‘creating high quality, compassionate care and wellbeing for all’.
- Demonstrating our values of compassion, respect, integrity and trust and our five leadership behaviours for all:
- Valuing one another
- Recognising and valuing people’s differences
- Working together
- Taking personal responsibility
- Always learning and improving