We are on a journey to transform the care we deliver through our mental health services by designing improvements with service users, carers, staff and other key stakeholders. Back in 2017 it was called All Age Transformation and included Learning Disabilities. Now it covers adult and older people’s mental health only, with the Learning Disabilities team working to their own transformation plan.
We have committed to a 5-year transformation programme to:
• Develop excellent all-age mental health services that deliver excellent, high-quality integrated care and a better experience for all
• Release clinical time to care to enable service users to have more time with clinicians
• Make the processes and systems better to ensure the best journey experience for service users throughout
• Address increasing demand and capacity issues
Making improvements with our partners’ help
The transformation programme is focused on bringing together service users and carers, our staff and stakeholders (such as GPs and social workers) to co-design improvements to LPT’s mental health services. The is to have all our adult and older people’s mental health services delivering excellent, high quality integrated care and a better experience for all.
We are grateful to everyone who has contributed many hours into the co-design work during the last 18 months, which has involved working through:
1. What our adult mental health services should look like;
2. How the services should run;
3. What resources the services need to deliver excellent, high-quality integrated care
The outputs of all of this co-design work has been summarised into 13 Key Design Features.
Where are we now?
All of the co-design work has been compiled to form a draft proposed new model for LPT’s mental health services. Before we put this into action, we are doing a public consultation during the summer of 2021.
We have a dedicated public consultation website here.
For more information on the transformation programme’s work and how it is being organised see our transformation journey page in the menu.
We will publish the results of the public consultation on these pages in the Autumn of 2021 and then we will public our Business Case that will explain how we will begin to implement our plans,
For more information on the All Age Transformation Programme, please see the additional sub-pages above, review the Key Design Features document, or email the transformation team at