LPT is on a five-year journey to transform the care we deliver through our mental health and learning disabilities services, by co-designing improvements with service users, carers, staff and other key stakeholders.
We have committed to a 5-year transformation co-design programme to:
• Develop excellent all-age mental health and learning disabilities services that deliver excellent, high-quality integrated care and a better experience for all
• Release clinical time to care to enable service users to have more time with clinicians
• Make the processes and systems better to ensure the best journey experience for service users throughout
• Address increasing demand and capacity issues
The transformation programme is focused on bringing together service users and carers, our staff and stakeholders (such as GPs and social workers) to co-design improvements to LPT’s mental health and learning disabilities services. The ultimate aim of the programme is to have all our mental health and learning disability services delivering excellent, high quality integrated care and a better experience for all.
We are grateful to everyone who has contributed many hours into the co-design work during the last 18 months, which has involved working through:
1. What LPT mental health and learning disabilities services should look like;
2. How the services should run;
3. What resources the services need to deliver excellent, high-quality integrated care
The outputs of all of this co-design work has been summarised into 13 Key Design Features.
Where are we now?
All of the co-design work has been compiled to form a draft proposed new model for LPT’s mental health and learning disabilities services. The draft model proposal is now undergoing a number of tests, trials, refinements and engagement to ensure it is viable and will bring added value to service users before it can be signed off.
For more information on the transformation programme’s work and how it is being organised see our transformation journey page.
For more information on the All Age Transformation Programme, please see the additional sub-pages above, review the Key Design Features document, or email the transformation team at MHLDTransformationteam@leicspart.nhs.uk