We are on a journey to transform the care we deliver through our adult mental health services. Back in 2017 it was called All Age Transformation and included Learning Disabilities. Now it covers adult and older people’s mental health only and it called Step up to Great Mental Health.
What we are aiming to do:
- Provide adult mental health services that deliver high-quality care and a better experience for all
- Provide more care locally – so people can get support without having to travel far
- Working with other partners more effectively so we give a joined up service
- Make our processes better to give our service users the best experience throughout their journey with us
- Address increasing demand and reduce waiting lists
Making improvements with our partners’ help
We brought together lots of partners to help us design improvements to our services. This included service users, carers, our staff and other partners with an interest in mental health, such as GPs and social workers.
This design work has included:
1. What our adult mental health services should look like;
2. How the services should run;
3. What resources the services need to deliver excellent, high-quality integrated care
The outputs of all of this work was summarised into 13 Key Design Features.
Where are we now?
We’ve used all this design work to put together a new model for our adult mental health services. There are four strands to this model.
We are working on all four strands of this plan, but before we do it all, we consulted on two elements during the summer of 2021. The details of the Step up to Great Mental Health consultation are on our dedicated website here.
We will publish the results of the public consultation on these pages at the end of 2021 and more information on our implementation plans that will start in full in 2022.
For more information, you can email the transformation team at firstname.lastname@example.org