Up to date as of 17/03/21
Who is currently eligible to have the vaccine?
Currently our online ‘hospital hub’ vaccine booking system is open, but with limited availability. Our online booking system can be used by the following members of the public to book their initial vaccine appointment:
- Residents in a care home for older adults and staff working in care homes for older adults
- All those 80 years of age and over and frontline health and social care workers
- All those 75 years of age and over
- All those 70 years of age and over and clinically extremely vulnerable individuals (not including pregnant women and those under 16 years of age)
- All those 65 years of age and over
- At risk’ adults aged 16 to 65 years with clinical criteria
(eligible conditions can be viewed here).
- All those 60 years of age and over
- All those 55 years of age and over
- All those 50 years of age and over
All groups will need to provide proof of eligibility at our vaccine hub. For group 6, this means an up to date clinical letter or prescription. Please see notes on proof of eligibility below.
Please note, currently:
- Others who are eligible may be invited directly by hospitals, their GP or the national booking service and appointments are available at other locations in Leicester, Leicestershire and Rutland. This will happen by letter, or text. The NHS nationally is sending text messages to some people to invite them to book a vaccine appointment. You can trust your text message is genuine if it comes from ‘NHSvaccine’, includes a link to the NHS.uk website and gives you the option of phoning 119.
- Carers (paid and unpaid) are advised to visit their GP for vaccination.
- ‘Keyworkers’ outside of health and social care are not yet eligible for vaccine. This includes teachers and police.
- To avoid vaccine wastage, we may offer vaccine appointments outside of the priority groups above, for appointments within 48 hours of notice. These invites come directly from the hospital and will in the first instance be offered to recent hospital patients on an age basis.
Booking a vaccine at our hospital hubs
Please note: Proof of eligibility AND photo ID will be required on arrival. Clinically extremely vulnerable patients will need to present a valid shielding letter. Patients who are ‘At Risk’ must provide an up to date clinical letter, or prescription to validate their eligibility. Patients who are unable to provide these will not be vaccinated. Click on the link for your preferred vaccination site (below):
- Enter the pin CovidVL19
- Register as a new user – To make a booking you must have an NHS number. You can find your NHS number here.
- Pick the patient option on the form and fill in your details – if you are a member of the public please ignore all references to ‘staff’ or ’employer’ and write the word ‘Patient’ in all fields related to employment.
- Choose a date and time for your initial vaccination. (The system will automatically generate your second appointment).
- Check your inbox and junk mail for an email that confirms your booking. You will also receive a text reminder if you filled in the contact number field
If you do not see any appointment availability online it means that our appointments are fully booked, so we advise that you check back at a later date as we add more appointments.
Booking a vaccine at Peepul Centre, Leicester or a pharmacy site
Attending your appointment
To help you, and others, be seen quickly and safely please:
- Attend alone if you can
- Arrive on time (not early) to aid social distancing on site
- Wear a face covering
- Bring photo ID, NHS number & proof of eligibility
Proof of eligibility
All attendees will be required to bring Photo ID that confirms their likeness, name and date of birth. If you have been issued with a direct letter inviting you to get vaccinated, you should also bring this with you.
Additionally, people that are in the following groups must provide additional eligibility proof:
- Group 2(Health & Social Care Workers) must bring a valid staff identification and if non-NHS, a letter confirming job role and eligibility).
- Group 4(Clinically Extremely Vulnerable) must present a valid shielding letter.
- Group 6(At risk adults) must bring a current clinical letter or prescription that confirms that they meet the criteria
Patients who are unable to provide these will not be vaccinated even where they have a confirmed online booking.