On this page you will find links to accessible Coronavirus (Covid-19) information, materials and resources.
Easy read resources
- Photosymbols UK – What if I get ill?
- Photosymbols UK – How do I stay safe?
- Photosymbols UK – How do I avoid spreading it?
- Photosymbols UK – Face Masks
- Campaign Resource Centre – Wash Your Hands More Often
- Understanding Flu Injections
- Public Health England – Looking After Your Feelings and Body
- Public Health England – Guidance on protecting people most likely to get very poorly from coronavirus (shielding)
- Public Health England – What to do if you or someone you share your home with has coronavirus symptoms
- Changes to the mental health act here at LPT
- Government’s roadmap out of lockdown (easy read)
Test and Trace Easy Read resources
- Get tested if you have any signs of coronavirus
- How to get a test if you have any signs of coronavirus
- Stay at home if you are told you might have coronavirus
Resources for deaf / hard of hearing people
Resources for people with learning disabilities
Information about vaccines: For people with a learning disability and autistic people
- Easy Read Online
- Beyond Words – Jack Plans Ahead for Coronavirus
- Beyond Words – Good Days and Bad Days During Lockdown
- Beyond Words – When Someone Dies From Coronavirus (bereavement advice)
- Beyond Words – Beating the Virus
- Beyond Words – Having a Drive Through Test
- Beyond Words – Having a Home Test for Coronavirus
Resources for children and families
- Health for Kids – information to help children understand what Coronavirus is
- Health for Kids ‘grown-ups’ section – range of resources for parents and carers to support children during the pandemic, including the downloadable ‘Looking after yourself’ kit
- Health for Teens – information aimed at 11-16 year olds about staying physically well and managing anxiety during the pandemic
- National Autistic Society – Guidance and helpline for parents’, young people and staff.
- Place2Be – Guide to helping parents answer questions from their children and to support family wellbeing.
- Young Minds – Talking to your child about Coronavirus and 10 tips from their Parents Helpline to support family wellbeing.
- Carers UK – Guidance for carers.
- Covibook – An interactive resource designed to support and reassure children aged 7 and under, designed to help children explain and draw the emotions that they might be experiencing during the pandemic.
- Amaze – information pack for parents.
Do you need information in a different language?
Please click here to access Covid-19 advice for service users in a number of different languages.
- Video: Coronavirus explained in Bengali
- Video: Coronavirus explained in Gujarati
- Video: Coronavirus explained in Hindi
- Video: Coronavirus explained in Sylheti
- Video: Coronavirus explained in Tamil
- Video: Coronavirus explained in Urdu
National lockdown restrictions 5 November – 2 December 2020
Lockdown tiers explained
The COVID-19 tier system rules have been translated into South Asian languages so people who do not speak English can fully understand what they can and can’t do. Please click on the link below to access the summaries in Hindi, Punjabi, Urdu, Bengali and Gujarati:
Leicester lockdown social media images provided by Leicester City Council (Right click on the image and save as)