Please note visiting restrictions may be in place at this site. For the latest information about visiting arrangements head to: www.leicspart.nhs.uk/latest/covid-19-latest-information/covid-19-visiting/
The CAMHS crisis and home treatment service provides rapid assessment and treatment for young people experiencing mental health difficulties, and support for their family. The aim is to prevent children and young people from having to go into hospital unless there is a medical need for treatment – for example as a result of injury.
Once the referral is received, the service will aim to be in touch within two hours, and will arrange for an assessment within 24 hours.
The team is very flexible and will see the young person wherever is best for them – whether that is at home, at school, at a GP surgery or at the crisis team base.
The team will talk with the young person and agree a treatment plan that meets their needs. This could be a one-off assessment or may involve further sessions with the team.
- The team commits to:
- be calm and non-judgemental
- help support family relationships
- offering a family-centred treatment plan which focuses on recovery
- work closely with other professionals and agencies
- provide constructive advice, problem solving and goal setting which focuses on solutions rather than problems
- work to improve young people’s living skills/independence
- support young people’s access to education, employment and meaningful daily activities
- support the whole family to feel more able to cope with mental health issues
- help individuals and families to recognise when there may be a problem at the earliest opportunity, and to know what to do
The team is made up of a consultant psychiatrist, therapists, nurses and support workers.
We help anyone aged up to 18 years who needs to be seen urgently because they are experiencing significant mental health problems.
Who to contact if you need an interpreter or information about disabled access
You can discuss this with the team member when you are contacted.