Improving experiences and outcomes for children and adults who are autistic or have a learning disability, their families and carers.

Ask Listen Do resources are designed to:

make it easier for people, families and paid carers to give feedback, raise concerns and complain.

support organisations to listen, learn from and improve the experiences of children and adults who are autistic or have a learning disability, their families, and carers.

You can view the informative video made by NHS England about this topic below:

This video was not produced by Leicestershire Partnership NHS Trust and may contain adverts. 

The full article of information and list of resources can be found by clicking here for the NHS website.


However, some of the specific resources which might be useful for you can be found below:

  • If you are autistic:

Ask, Listen, Do Autism Booklet

Autism feedback, concern and complaints form

  • If you have a learning disability:

Easyread Ask, Listen, Do Booklet

Easyread feedback, concerns and complaints form

  • For families and carers:

Ask, Listen, Do booklet for families and carers

  • For organisations:

Ask, Listen, Do for organisations and practitioners

To make a complaint in Leicester, Leicestershire or Rutland


Complaining about NHS services

You have the right to make a complaint about any aspect of NHS care, treatment or service, and this is written into the NHS Constitution on GOV.UK.

There are two ways you can make a complaint about GPs, dentists, opticians or pharmacy services in Leicester, Leicestershire or Rutland:

  • You can complain to the healthcare provider directly. This is the organisation where you received the NHS service, for example a GP surgery or dental surgery.
  • You can complain to Leicester, Leicestershire and Rutland Integrated Care Board (LLR ICB): this is the organisation that paid for the service or care you received.

You can do this by:

Telephone: 0116 295 7572


Writing to us at:

Corporate Governance Team
NHS Leicester, Leicestershire and Rutland Integrated Care Board (ICB)
Room G30, Pen Lloyd Building
County Hall, Glenfield
Leicester, LE3 8TB

Your complaint should be made as soon as possible.  This should be within a year of the event or as soon as it came to your attention.  You can make a complaint on your own or on behalf of someone else if you have their permission.

Complaining about adult social care services

If you’re unhappy with a social care service, care home or home care and you’re paying for your own care, you may want to speak to the service provider first.

But if you want to make a complaint, the organisations that provide these services will have their own complaints arrangements.

If your care is funded or arranged by your local council, you may wish to raise the issues with the care provider in the first instance.

If you’d prefer not to do that, you can raise your concerns directly with your local council.

Find your local council on GOV.UK

Can I get help to make my complaint?

POhWER NHS Complaints Service can support you to make a complaint and offer a free and confidential service that is independent of the NHS.

Telephone:        0300 200 0084

Website:            Click here to go to the POhWER website


Close search menu