Why volunteer for us?
When you volunteer for us, you help us improve the well being of individuals in our local communities by enhancing the support we can offer. Working with a wide range of health professionals across services for adults, children or older people, we promise you a rewarding experience.
Volunteering with us brings a range of benefits, including:
- New skills and experience to boost your CV and make you stand out from the crowd
- Giving something back to the local community
- Increased confidence and improved self-esteem
- Opportunities to contribute to the vital work of the NHS
- The chance to meet new people from diverse backgrounds, have fun and extend your network
- Develop personal and social skills
- Flexible opportunities that can fit around your routine
- Access to a wide range of NHS e-learning courses
- Access to career development support, including coaching
- Opportunities to celebrate the contribution volunteers make to the Trust including Celebrating Excellence awards and Volunteer Long Service presentations
- Regular updates by email and a quarterly volunteer newsletter
- Annual flu vaccination
- Access to staff intranet
- NHS staff discounts
- Use of the free hospital hopper bus
See what existing volunteers have to say about volunteering at LPT.
During the Covid-19 crisis many volunteers have been temporarily stood down to minimise the risk from the virus. We are now in the process of welcoming them back and looking to recruit again.
Please see below our current volunteering opportunities, where you will find the role descriptor, application form or ability to make further enquiry.
We’re always adding more opportunities, so be sure to check back on a regular basis.
To contact a member of the Volunteering Team:
Tel: 0116 295 0918 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
For information on the process to volunteer, please click here
To read our latest newsletters click here
If you are looking for volunteering opportunities with the University Hospitals of Leicester (UHL), which includes Leicester General, Leicester Royal Infirmary or Glenfield Hospital please contact them direct via UHL website : Volunteer Services – UHL
For paid roles in the NHS please visit NHS Jobs.
Click the button below to make an enquiry about any of our roles: