We, like all public sector organisations, have a legal duty to protect children and adults at risk from harm. All our staff are trained to recognise the signs of abuse and know how to report any concerns they may have.
Safeguarding unborn babies, children, young people and adults who may be at risk is ‘everyone’s business’ and is a high priority for us.
The abuse of children and adults can have a devastating and lifelong effect on all its victims, including family members and carers.
We are committed to preventing and identifying any abuse of children, young people and adults and work closely with our local authority colleagues who have lead agency responsibility for safeguarding in Leicester, Leicestershire and Rutland.
Trust Safeguarding Vision
“We are committed to a future where opportunities for abuse are minimised, identified abuse is stopped and prevented from recurring. As an integral part of the community the Trust and its staff will hear the voice of those at risk of abuse. We will work with partner agencies to uphold people’s rights and our response will be effective, kind and compassionate. Where people have experienced abuse that has caused emotional and psychological harm, we will work to enable recovery and a future free from abuse.”
If you are worried about any unborn baby, child or young person (up to the age of 18) and think that they may be a victim of neglect or abuse, please call:
- Leicestershire Children's Social Care - Tel: 0116 3050005
- Leicester City Children's Social Care - Tel: 0116 4541004
The Care Act (2014) requires local authorities to make enquiries, or ask others t make enquiries when they think an adult with care and support needs may be at risk of abuse or neglect in their area and to find out what, if any, action may be needed. This applies whether or not the authority is actually providing an care and support services to the adult
Safeguarding duties apply to an adult who:
Has needs for care and support (whether or not the local authority is meeting any of those needs) and:
- is experiencing, or at risk of, abuse or neglect; and
- as a result of those care and support needs is unable to protect themselves from either the risk of, or the experience of abuse or neglect.
To raise a safeguarding concern please call:
- Leicestershire County Social Care - Tel: 0116 3050004
- Leicester City Social Care - Tel: 0116 4541004 (Monday-Friday 8:30am-5:00pm) and 0116 2251606 (6:00pm-8:00am
- Rutland Social Care - Tel: 01572 758341