- It can be difficult for autistic people to socialise.
- Remind yourself that just because someone doesn’t share your interests it doesn’t mean they don’t like you.
- Your friends might want to talk about other things. Try and show interest in what other people say, listen and ask questions.
- It can be hard to make new friends. If you say the wrong thing and upset somebody, try and apologise for making them upset and move on.
- Asking others what they’re interested in is a good way to get to know them.
- Not everyone will share your interests but that’s ok, try not to overthink or worry if someone disagrees with you.
- For more advice and information you can text Chat Autism on 07312 277097
If you’d like to find groups in your area with other autistic people click here to take a look at our support services page