Supported Living Services
Supported living services can help if you do not want to live in residential care but you’re finding it difficult to cope at home.
They’re a combination of suitable accommodation – which can be your own home – with some forms of personal care (like help with washing or cooking)
Some supported living homes are shared by 2 or 3 people with a similar health problem, such as a substance misuse problem or a particular disability.
Staff usually visit the home to help you get out of bed, go out to college or work and do simple tasks such as shopping, housework and repairs.
They can also help with administrative tasks and personal care.
You can find out more about supported living on the NHS website.
Support if you are/or are at risk of becoming homeless
LPT Homeless Mental Health Service
There is a mental health service for people in Leicester who are homeless (e.g. rough sleeping, hostel/refuge/B&B/temp staying with friends of family) or are within three months of commencing a new tenancy from being homeless.
The Homeless Mental Health Service (HMHS) is a service provided by Leicestershire Partnership NHS Trust (LPT), and provides assessment, short-term treatments, and support to people who are homeless with mental health difficulties across the city of Leicester.
The team also aims to improve access to all mainstream social and health care services for homeless people in the locality by advocating with mainstream mental health, social care and primary care providers and commissioners.
For more information call 0116 295 8442 or email
Opening Hours: 8.30am – 4.30pm, Monday to Friday (excluding bank holidays)
Homelessness support in your local council
Other support available across Leicester, Leicestershire and Rutland
- The Bridge Homelessness to Hope provides a non-judgmental service to the homeless and those worried about accommodation in Leicester. They offer both support and mentoring to anyone who is homeless, or at risk of becoming homeless. This includes rough sleepers, people that are sofa surfing and those that are in temporary or unsuitable accommodation .
- Park Lodge Project is a charity registered company that promises to provide supported accommodation for 33 young homeless people between the ages of sixteen and twenty five.
- Life Links offer support and signposting to homelessness charities and support across Leicester City, Blaby District and Oadby and Wigston.
Housing Support in your local council
Here you can find links to housing support options in your local council, including affordable housing, council housing and housing advice.
- Leicester City Council
- North West Leicestershire District Council
- Harborough District Council
- Blaby District Council
- Melton District Council
- Hinckley and Bosworth District Council
- Oadby and Wigston District Council
The Citizen’s Advice website has lots of helpful information on housing including knowing your rights and responsibilities when housing issues arise, homelessness, veterans who need help finding accommodation and eviction. Find out more on their website