A spokesperson for Leicestershire Partnership NHS Trust said: “Sadly we can confirm that a gentleman who was being cared for at the Evington Centre, Leicester, and had tested positive for COVID-19, has died.
“The patient, who died on Friday 15 May, was in his seventies and had underlying health conditions.
“His family has been informed and our thoughts and condolences are with them at this difficult and distressing time.”
- The Trust will not be giving out any further information on this patient.
- The media are asked to respect the wishes of the family, and the interests of staff at the Evington Centre to avoid any disruption to operational services.
NOTES TO EDITORS
- This brings the total number of deaths of LPT inpatients who had tested positive for Covid-19 to 15.
- Leicestershire Partnership NHS Trust (LPT) provides community health, mental health and learning disabilities services for the one million people living in Leicester, Leicestershire and Rutland. We have a budget in excess of £275 million and employ approximately 5,500 staff. For more information visit: leicspart.nhs.uk. Our registered charity is called Raising Health (charity number 1057361). The charity fundraises to support excellent care initiatives, equipment and innovations which go above and beyond core NHS provision to enhance the experience of our patients, service users and staff. See www.raisinghealth.org.uk
- Media statements for previous patient deaths at LPT due to COVID-19 are available on our website leicspart.nhs.uk/latest/news/.
- For further information contact: Di Graham, communications specialist, on 078 791 15033 / Email: Graham@leicspart.nhs.uk