Come and find out about the wide range of career and job opportunities in health and care by meeting people from a variety of NHS and other healthcare organisations, teams and services.
A free careers and jobs event is being held at Leicester’s Mattioli (formerly Morningside) Arena between 09:30am and 2pm on Saturday 9 March. At a similar event last year over 1000 people attended and many successful applications were made.
During the event you can find out about our vast range of jobs and careers in health and social care across Leicester, Leicestershire and Rutland. There are opportunities for both patient-caring roles in hospitals, in the community or in schools – including for nurses, healthcare assistants, social care professionals and therapists – alongside vital non-patient facing support roles, such as administration, catering, cleaning and maintenance. You can also find out about our temporary ‘bank’ workforce and volunteering opportunities.
Staff from a huge cross-section of roles will be available to answer your questions and give you an insight into what their jobs involve. There will also be:
- a range of interactive displays;
- information about career progression, including apprenticeships and work experience and volunteering opportunities;
- how to access courses, the qualifications we can help you gain;
- top tips on how to apply for jobs; and
- details about a wide range of staff benefits and how we support our staff’s health and wellbeing.
Organisations that you can meet at the event include:
- Leicestershire Partnership NHS Trust
- University Hospitals of Leicester NHS Trust
- Job Centre Plus
- Army Reserve Medical
- Inspired to Care
The event is free and there will be refreshments available on the day. For more information and to register your interest please visit: https://bit.ly/healthcarecareers24