People aged 50 and above are now being invited to book for their Covid vaccine and the NHS in Leicester, Leicestershire and Rutland has made available a choice of locations where they can book.
Use the links and process below to book at a Hospital Hub:
Feilding Palmer Hospital (Lutterworth)
The booking process
- Click on the link of your preferred vaccination site
- If you are asked for a pin, enter CovidVL19
- Register as a new user – Please ensure you enter your NHS number (if you do not know this, click here to find it)
- Pick the patient option on the form and fill in your details. If you are a member of the public please ignore all references to ‘staff’ or ’employer’ and write the word ‘Patient’ in all fields related to employment
- Choose a date and time for your initial vaccination. The system will automatically generate a second slot
- Check your inbox and junk mail for an email that confirms your booking. You will also receive a text reminder if you filled in the contact number field.
To book through the national booking service you can do this online or by calling 119, anytime between 7am and 11pm seven days a week. Through this system you can book at the Peepul Centre in Leicester or a pharmacy site. You may also be able to book at a vaccination centre outside Leicester, Leicestershire and Rutland if you live within a 45 minute drive:
Click here to book through the national booking service
If you do not see any appointment availability online at the location of your choice it means that our appointments are fully booked, so we advise that you check back at a later date as we add more appointments.
Photo ID and proof of eligibility will be needed on arrival and if you unable to provide these you will be turned away.
All other patients will be contacted to book your vaccination when their turn comes. Please do not contact your GP practice or the hospital enquiring about the vaccine.
For further information about the vaccine visit: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/covid-19-vaccination-guide-for-older-adults
Notes to editors:
If you are in one of the following groups you can now book your covid vaccination through the links listed below, or you can wait for your GP to contact you.
- You are aged 50 or over
- You are clinically vulnerable, defined as: “all individuals aged 16 years to 64 years with underlying health conditions which put them at higher risk of serious disease and mortality” Read more about this here
- You have received a NHS letter telling you that you have been assessed as Clinically Extremely Vulnerable
- You are a carer, defined as: “eligible for a carer’s allowance, or those who are the sole or primary carer of an elderly or disabled person who is at increased risk of COVID-19 mortality and therefore clinically vulnerable”
- You have previously been invited for a vaccine but not yet made an appointment.
For further information contact:
LLRCCGs Corporate Communications team
Tel: 0116 2956943