People aged over 65 are eligible for their covid vaccine and are now able to book an appointment at one of our vaccination hubs.
The NHS in Leicester, Leicestershire and Rutland is encouraging eligible people to come forward as current vaccine levels mean we can offer the vaccine to more people in the over 65s category and move to the next people in the priority list as soon as possible.
To book an appointment at one of our sites, you will need to use the following links and follow the booking process:
Leicester General Hospital: https://www.swiftqueue.co.uk/pre_timescreen.php?id=$2y$10$MyYLuoqzBISYQgyU04tDX.BELprxQL7Dms6e9m9EPb51qOzF6Da2m
The booking process
1. Click on the link of your preferred vaccination site
2. Enter the pin CovidVL19
3. Register as a new user – Please ensure you enter your NHS number (if you do not know this, click here to find it).
4. Pick the patient option on the form and fill in your details
5. Choose a date and time for your initial vaccination. The system will automatically generate a second slot.
6. Check your inbox and junk mail for an email that confirms your booking. You will also receive a text reminder if you filled in the contact number field
Photo ID and proof of eligibility will be needed on arrival and if you unable to provide these you will be turned away.
People must attend the appointment alone wherever possible, wearing a face covering and observe social distancing rules when on site. People are asked to attend the appointment on time, rather than early as this helps support social distancing on site.
Slots also remain open to anyone eligible who has previously been invited for a vaccine but not yet made an appointment.
The option of booking at one of the hospital sites is an alternative to being inviting to book by your GP or going through the national booking service.
To book through the national booking service you can do this online or by calling 119, anytime between 7am and 11pm seven days a week. Options through this service could be attendance at the Peepul Centre, Leicester or one of three pharmacies approved to offer the vaccine
For further information about the vaccine visit: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/covid-19-vaccination-guide-for-older-adults