Leicestershire Partnership NHS Trust (LPT) is pleased to announce the launch of it’s People’s Council, a brand new independent advisory body for the Trust.
The People’s Council is made up of individuals who have a lived experience of LPT’s services, and will also include patient and carer representatives as well as voluntary and community groups across Leicester, Leicestershire and Rutland.
The aim of the People’s Council is to work alongside the Trust to provide scrutiny, to help shape its approach to patient and carer engagement, and ultimately to improve patient experience and involvement at LPT. They will advise on the best methods of engaging and encouraging communities and individuals to feedback on service improvements, and will review the experience of those who use or who are impacted by services delivered by LPT.
Mark Farmer, Healthwatch Leicester and Leicestershire Board Member and Chair of The People’s Council said: “This new initiative represents a commitment by Leicestershire Partnership NHS Trust to ensure that patients, carers, voluntary and charitable services have a leading role in the development and improvement of LPT services. The aim will be to make sure that all of Leicester’s, Leicestershire’s and Rutland’s diverse communities have a voice”
Members of the People’s council will:
- Work with LPT to help shape it’s local health care services
- Share their perspective based on lived experience of using LPT services
- Advise on how to disseminate information to patients and the public
- Provide a strategic review of patient experience and engagement activity
Alison Kirk, Head of Patient Experience and Involvement said “We are really excited to launch our People’s Council, this is a unique approach for an NHS Trust to bring together the voices of our patients, carers and voluntary and community partners. Working alongside the Trust Board and our services we will look to the Council to provide advice, support and scrutiny in relation to improving patient experience and the involvement of patients and carers in making decisions with us.”
To find out more about the People’s Council, please visit our website: https://www.leicspart.nhs.uk/involving-you/involving-you/
NOTES TO EDITORS
- Leicestershire Partnership NHS Trust (LPT) provides community health, mental health and learning disabilities services for the one million people living in Leicester, Leicestershire and Rutland. We have a budget in excess of £275 million and employ approximately 5,500 staff. For more information visit: leicspart.nhs.uk. Our registered charity is called Raising Health (charity number 1057361). The charity fundraises to support excellent care initiatives, equipment and innovations which go above and beyond core NHS provision to enhance the experience of our patients, service users and staff. See www.raisinghealth.org.uk
- For further information contact: Kartik Bhalla, eCommunications Officer, Leicestershire Partnership NHS Trust, Tel: 0116 295 0994, Email: Kartik.Bhalla@leicspart.nhs.uk