Leicestershire Partnership NHS Trust (LPT) has eased some restrictions on in-patient visiting.
From Wednesday 28 October, patients in any inpatient setting will be permitted to have one visitor, limited to either one immediate family member and/or significant other/loved one (from the same household or support bubble).
Currently, one immediate family member or carer is allowed to visit in the following exceptional circumstances:
- the patient is receiving end-of-life care
- the patient is a child being visited by a parent or appropriate adult;
- the patient has a mental health issue such as dementia, a learning disability and/or autism and not receiving visits would cause them distress.
However, this is now being extended, so that members of the public will be able to contact the ward or unit to arrange a visit to a loved one who is currently an inpatient.
This change follows an update to national guidance around visiting in in-patient settings during the Covid-19 pandemic.
Members of the public are required to contact the ward or unit in advance to discuss visiting arrangements and book visiting.
Visitors are required to wear a face covering during their visit and will be informed in advance regarding additional Covid-19 precautions such as hand washing, hand sanitiser and social distancing.
LPT continues to follow national guidance and as such the situation will be continually monitored and visiting guidance may be updated to reflect a change. Visit the Trust website for the latest information around visiting arrangements: https://www.leicspart.nhs.uk/latest/covid-19-latest-information/covid-19-temporary-visiting-restrictions/
LPT’s ‘Message to a Loved One’ service has been established to help in-patients to keep in touch with loved ones while they are in hospital during this time. To find out more about the service please visit: www.leicspart.nhs.uk/contact/patient-advice-and-liaison-service-pals/message-to-a-loved-one/
LPT’s ‘Raising a Smile’ charity appeal has been launched to support in-patients over the Christmas period. To find out more please visit the Raising Health website: www.raisinghealth.org.uk/appeals/raising-a-smile
NOTES TO EDITORS
- Leicestershire Partnership NHS Trust (LPT) provides community health, mental health and learning disabilities services for the one million people living in Leicester, Leicestershire and Rutland. We have a budget in excess of £275 million and employ approximately 5,500 staff. For more information visit: leicspart.nhs.uk. Our registered charity is called Raising Health (charity number 1057361). The charity fundraises to support excellent care initiatives, equipment and innovations which go above and beyond core NHS provision to enhance the experience of our patients, service users and staff. See www.raisinghealth.org.uk
- For further information contact: Kartik Bhalla, eCommunications Officer, Leicestershire Partnership NHS Trust, Tel: 0116 295 0994, Email: Kartik.Bhalla@leicspart.nhs.uk