If you are in need of urgent NHS mental health support you should call our Mental Health Central Access Point on 0808 800 3302. For more information head to: www.leicspart.nhs.uk/contact/urgent-help
The service is provided within a multidisciplinary team approach (including nurses, occupational therapists, social workers, psychologists, doctors and support workers) where all staff can be involved in a persons care package. Individual care packages may include:
- Allocation of a care coordinator (all service users)
- Frequent contact (up to 7 days per week)
- Comprehensive health and social care assessment
- Practical support with daily living (e.g. housing, benefits etc)
- Medication administration, monitoring and support
- Assistance with social / employment / educational activities
- Physical health monitoring
- Specific psychological / psycho-social intervention
- Relapse prevention
- Regular reviews
- Family / carer support
- Use of personalised budgets.
Each persons care package will be tailored to meet their individual needs. This will be discussed / reviewed with you on a regular basis.
The service is predominantly delivered within peoples homes. There is occasional contact via outpatient clinics and the service maintains contact with people during any hospital admission.
The service offers a range of therapeutic interventions.
The Assertive Outreach Service has been specifically set up to work in partnership with people with long-standing mental health needs which are ‘psychotic’ in nature.
Who to contact if you need an interpreter or information about disabled access
Speak to your Care Co-ordinator who can arrange for an interpreter to be present.