The Patient Safety Partner (PSP) is a new and evolving role developed by NHS England to help improve patient safety across health care in the UK. Here at Leicester Partnership Trust (LPT), we are excited to welcome a team of PSPs to work alongside our staff, patients, and families to influence and improve safety within our hospital. PSPs can be patients, carers, family members or other lay people (including NHS staff from another organisation).
This is a great opportunity to share your interests, experiences, and skills to help develop the new PSP role and be a part of the team here at LPT. Some examples of what you might like to be involved with include:
- Talking with patients and staff about safety and what matters to them
- Support the safety training of staff
- Be part of project teams working to improve safe care and our systems
- Join safety groups and team meetings
- Help develop patient safety information resources
- Support the safety team when reviewing incidents
- Help us understand what we do well and how we can do this more of the time
Successful applicants will require the following skills and experience.
- Have had recent and relevant experience of being a patient, carer of someone using health services. Have a background in a role in a high reliability organisation (i.e. road/rail/airline/military etc) or have had a lived experience of an adverse event and having moved beyond it and can now impart the knowledge and insight learned from it and how it can enhance quality of care.
- Are able to put forward views on behalf of the wider community/groups of patients (not own opinion only).
- Confident to contribute to discussions in large groups and have the ability to critically challenge our thinking in a constructive positive way.
- You are able to respect and listen to other points of view and can tackle issues sensitively.
- Able to commit to at least 1 day a month to the role for 18 months.
- Have no conflicts of interest that would prevent participation in the role.
You can download the application pack for Patient Safety Partner roles by clicking the link below