If you are in need of urgent NHS mental health support you should call our Mental Health Central Access Point on 0808 800 3302. For more information head to: www.leicspart.nhs.uk/contact/urgent-help
The service provides a specialist, effective and efficient comprehensive service which includes assessment, diagnosis, intervention, management and advice for adults with primarily acquired disorders of speech/language/communication and/or swallowing.
We help with conditions such as:
We can also offer management for chronic cough and vocal cord dysfunction (these referrals are only accepted from Respiratory Medicine or ENT).
There are many reasons someone may develop a difficulty with communication and/or swallowing, these can include:
– Brain injury / head injury
– Brain tumour
– Progressive neurological disorders such as Parkinson’s Disease, Progressive Supranuclear Palsy, Multi System Atrophy, Multiple Sclerosis, Motor Neurone Disease resulting in motor speech disorders and/or dysphagia
– Voice disorders (these require an ENT assessment prior to SLT involvement to establish the cause)
– Respiratory difficulties
– Head and neck cancer
– Acquired brain injury
– Disorders of fluency (eg. stammer/stutter)
– Palliative care needs particularly for degenerative disorders and cancers.
Who to contact if you need an interpreter or information about disabled access
Tel: 0116 295 4692